Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Review

I always have such boring weekends that I don't want to 'recap' on my blog because it just makes me look sad. Ha! Now don't get excited, just because I decided to do a recap this morning does not mean that my weekend was in any way exciting. Because it was not. At all.

On Friday afternoon as I was driving home from work (at 5! YIPPEE!) I was noticing how beautiful the weather was.  And I got this giddy feeling. You know the one? When you're leaving work early on a Friday for a vacation, headed home to load up and go somewhere gorgeous. Yea, that's the one. I got that feeling and a smile spread across my face. And then reality set it. What's so exciting? I'm leaving work at 5 (which should be normal) and I have to be back at work by 8 if not earlier tomorrow (Saturday). Ick. The feeling was fun for the 30 seconds that it lasted!

When I got home Robert had us all load up for dinner. I think he was planning on taking a drive to Baytown for dinner (one of our favorite things to do is just drive around). We only made it as far as Winnie before he decided he wanted to eat at Machos. So Machos it was.

On the way home from dinner we stopped by our new property (Robert likes to check and make sure no one stole it ;)) and one of the neighbors was outside, so we stopped to tell her hello and ended up staying and talking with her for over an hour. She is so sweet! I can't wait to be her neighbor :)

By then it was time to get home and get Brylee girl to bed. Not long after I hit the hay, too.

On Saturday I had to work. BOO! Robert came into town at lunchtime so that I could spend a little bit of time with my girl. We had lunch in the foodcourt at the mall and then went to BabiesRus for some diapers. I know you're jealous of all the fun we had :)

When I got off of work I went to my parents house where B was napping and spent some time with my mom. That evening we went out to eat with my parents and then it was home again.


I know the pictures are terrible quality, they're from my phone. But I thought B looked pretty cute looking out of the window, and then she decided she would like to be in her carseat. Ha! :)

I woke up on Sunday feeling like every single bit of energy had been zapped out of me. I've just been going too much lately, I needed a break. I didn't 'get dressed' at all yesterday. I didn't shower until at least 6 PM. I took care of B and watched TV. It was a much needed lazy day.

Wow... even when we don't hardly do anything it still makes for an unusually long post!

Happy Monday, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment