Thursday, March 15, 2012

Letter to Me

I don't know about you, but I'm a country music fan.  I haven't really listened to it all that much lately since I've been on a 89.3 KSBJ kick, but today I was feelin' a little Kenny Chesney radio from Pandora. Brad Paisley is one of my favorites and he sings a song called Letter To Me. In the song, he talks about what he would put in a letter to himself to read at 17. Kind of a 'hindsight is 20-20' thing.

Every time I hear this song I get to thinking, what would I write to myself if I could write a letter to my 17 year old self?

So here it is. These are some things I would tell 17 year old Lindsey:

1. Don't date. Just don't. There are so many better ways to spend teenage years than pining away for some stupid guy that has the maturity of a 9 year old.

2. Your friends won't be around forever. Don't take advantage of the time you have with them now. Because in just a few short years you will all grow up and life happens.

3. Being 'grown-up' isn't all it's cracked up to be. Stop trying to grow up so fast. Being independent isn't the cake walk you think it is. Soon you will have to go to work, you will have bills to pay and a house to clean. Enjoy the freedom.

4. Even though your parent's rules are a pain, they really do only make them because they love you. You will thank them later and wish you had followed all of them. I promise.

5. The most attractive thing about someone is confidence. (as long as it doesn't turn into cockyness!) This is still something I'm trying to learn...

6. One day someone will love you and you will have a family, so stop worrying. Remember that if you delight yourself in your Heavenly Father, He will give you the desires of your heart!

and to steal a line from the song...

7. These are nowhere near the best days of your life!! Life gets way way better than highschool! Thankfully :)

That about sums it up :)

What would you tell yourself??

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song and I love this post!! That line from the song is my favorite! It is so, so true! Thankfully! :)

    ReplyDelete