Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Lovin' & Running Dreams

If you read my blog and know me at all, you probably know that I'm one of the least athletic people ever. Ever. If you just happened to run into me somewhere and didn't know me, you might think differently. Fortunately for me, God happened to make me skinny. He also gave me a small appetite and a fast metabolism. We'll just see if those things stick around into middle age.

I've been wanting to add some sort of exercise to my life for a few years, though. I figure it would be better to do it now and get in the routine just in case its needed later on in my life. I'm being proactive! Ha! And its never a bad thing to add exercise to your lifestyle, yannow?

So I've heard a lot of good things about the Couch to 5K & Couch to 10K programs and thought I would give them a try. I had intentions of starting yesterday, but Brylee is a little under the weather and I didn't want to push my luck with her yesterday.  So hopefully today I can get outside and do Day 1, Week 1 of the Couch to 5K program.

One thing that has really held me back from exercising at all is that we live in the middle of nowhere on a back country road. I can't just jump out my front door and go for a jog. I would run the risk of getting hit by a car since we don't even have shoulders on our road, let alone sidewalks! In order to go jog/run, I will have to load myself and B into the car and drive to a place about 5 miles away that has a track to run on, unload, do my workout, load back up and drive home, & finally unload at home. There's a lot more to it!!

BUT, I'm going to do it. I am. And when I finish the program in 6 weeks, I'm going to run a 5K. And then I'm going to buy myself lots of sweet running gear!

Hold me to it :)

With all of that said, now its time for...



I really love this link-up with This Kind of Love!

This Wednesday I am loving...

...All of my free time! Enough said.

...Planning our anniversary trip to the East Texas Hill Country this summer. It may be months away, but I'm excited anyway!!

...That it is my birthday this weekend!! Yes, I'm one of those people who still gets excited about my birthday. I'll be a quarter of a century!

...The thought of spending all day Friday at the beach with a sweet friend and my girl.

...And, of course, my man & my girl!!

Have a super Wednesday! What are you loving today?

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Go run that track! Because you can totally do it! And when you cross that finish line, you will feel SOO proud of yourself for sticking to your plan! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm gonna need it!! :)

      Delete