Friday, February 17, 2012

If God is for us, who can be against us??

So a couple of things have gotten me thinking lately (I know, don't be too surprised!). One was a blurb on my favorite radio station, 89.3 KSBJ, and the other was a short conversation with my mom this morning.

On my way home from picking up my sweet girl on Wednesday I was (of course) listening to  KSBJ. This particular radio station does not play typical advertisement commercials because they are listener funded.  Instead, in between songs they have lots of little mini-devotionals and tips/advice from experts. I don't remember who it was that was talking, and I can't quote her word-for-word, but I do remember that she said something alone the lines of - as Christians, we seem to be increasing protesting what we are against when, in fact, we should be letting the world know that we are for them. Jesus was for people. Christians need to be for the world!

How true is that? No matter what your beliefs, whether you are against gay marriage or against abortion or whatever else it is that you are against, you need to remember that Jesus was for these people. Jesus was for the woman at the well. He was for Paul even while he was persecuting Christians. Jesus is for sinners!! And we should be, too.

I was talking to my mom this morning about an incident that happened at our church this past Wednesday. There was a fight between some boys in the youth group. I think it is well known to our community that our church will open our doors to anyone who wants to come. My dad (the pastor) talked with the middle school principal about the fight and she told him that the four most troubled boys from her school either come to or used to come to our church on Wednesday nights.

FBC Fannett welcomes these kids when other churches turn them away because they cause too much trouble. They are too much of a risk.

Do you know what? Jesus is FOR these kids!! I think we need to keep that in mind. We need to remember that the ones who are hardest to love are the ones who need love the most.

No church is perfect, but I firmly believe that this is something our church is doing that will make a difference. It may just be in a handful of lives, but it will make a difference.


What do you do to make a differnce? Are you for people or against their lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment