Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Story

I know I missed Valentine's day (oops!), but I thought this would be fun anyway. Kinda like those surveys I used to take way back in the say :) Sometimes it's just fun to remember how and why I fell in love with Robert. I won't lie, there are some days when I need the reminder!!


1. How long have you and your significant other been together? - four years this month. we never really could nail down the date of our first date or when we really 'started dating' officially. But it was in February. I think I just picked the 5th, haha :)

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} - we met in high school. we graduated together. we knew each other through mutual friends but didn't really hang out together. we went on a camping trip together with some mutual friends in April of 2007, but I ended up starting to date someone else after the trip. Then in February of 2008 I realized I had made the wrong choice and gave Robert a call! The rest is history...

3. If married, how long have you been married? - we got married on August 29, 2009. so we've been married for 2 years, 5 months & 17 days. But who's counting??


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? - We got married at a cute little barn in Kountze, TX. I like to think our wedding was fairly small, about 120 in attendance. I wanted it smaller, but we both have HUGE families. We basically only had family and very few close friends attend.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! - every now and then I call my hubs Robertico (my little Robert). When we were dating I would call him loverhead and he would call me loverface (I know, we're dumb). That has worn off, tho. I find myself calling him Robert Earl more often than not. That's what I call him when he's irritating me.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. - He's an awesome dad, a superb provider, and he helps a lot around the house.
7. Tell us how he proposed? - He took me to San Antonio for the evening (we lived in Corpus Christi at the time).  We went to a little restaurant (not lying, smallest restaurant I've ever been in) on the riverwalk and afterwards walked along the riverwalk. We made our way to a part where there weren't many people and he popped the question :) (this is the abridged version, maybe I'll post the un-abridged version one day).
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? -neither, really. he's a very thoughtful gift giver. not necessarily romantic, but his gifts always have a purpose and a reason behind them.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? -this is a tough one. I, personally, would rather stay in and watch a movie. BUT I know that my husband has a very hard time sitting still at home. I know that I'll get more undivided attention from him if we actually go out somewhere. My favorite dates with him are always long drives down back roads :)

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? -I want to learn how to scuba-dive and dive with him. I think that would be awesome!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. -Well, since this was yesterday I guess I'll just tell you that he made me dinner (chicken & dumplings) and it was GOOD! he also surprised me and made funnel cakes for dessert (see answer to question 8). It may not be a big deal to someone else, but this action showed me that he has paid attention and knows that I LOVE funnel cakes and took the time to figure out how to make me one. After dinner we just had a regular night at home.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? -I was hoping for this necklace, but alas I don't think it will happen. I guess I'll have to order it for myself!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. -I think it is SO SO important to tell each other REASONS that you love each other instead of just saying 'I love you'. I feel like its a reminder for both people :)

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment