Friday, October 5, 2012

Fitness Friday

A Daily Dose of Davis is one of the first blogs I ever started reading. She inspired me to keep going with my own little blog & also to start running :) Now she hosts a link-up every Friday to talk about fitness goals, healthy eating, new workouts, etc. I'm totally pumped to link-up with her!

I started running with a friend about 3 months ago. We tried to go 3 times a week, but with little ones and full time jobs that didn't always happen. We tried our best to be consistant so that we would be able to run a 5k together.

Well, I ran my first 5k last weekend with a time of 38 min 18 seconds. I know this isn't a super fast time, but I am really proud of myself! The bad part is that I haven't been running since! So hopefully knowing that I will be linking up every Friday will help motivate me to have something to talk about, lol. I want to run another 5k on Thanksgiving & I am hoping to be closer to 30 minutes on that one.

I'm planning on going to our local gym to run in the mornings starting this coming Monday. Hopefully I will follow through!!

My husband is rewarding me with a new pair of running shoes! Any recommendations?! :)

I don't want to leave without letting y'all know about another link-up I'm looking forward to participating in starting in a little over a week. Jessica from Fantastically Average is hosting a link-up every Monday called 5 for Five. You are supposed to list 5 goals you are setting for yourself for the week. It always helps for me to have something to works towards, so I think this will be a good way to hold myself accountable.

That's about all I have for today. Have a great weekend! HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping us promote 5 for Five!! I also plan to check out the running linkup you posted about.

    Oh, and I LOVE my Mizuno running shoes! But, what I would REALLY recommend is going to a running shoe store and having a fitting done - that is how I found my perfect shoe. It's free (at least, I've always known it to be free), and totally worth the time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... Mizuna. I'll have to look those up! And maybe I can convince my husband to take me to Houston to get a real fitting :) Thanks for the idea!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for linking up this week Lindsey!!! I am so sorry it's taken me all weekend to comment. I was stuck at a campground with no WiFi. Haha!!

    But seriously...I am SO proud of you for setting this new goal and your time is amazing for a first 5K!! You should really be proud of it :-) I really hope you will link up each week because I love being able to share our goals and inspire each other. Keep up the great work sweetie!!!! See you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! You have been a huge inspiration in my short running journey :) I'm hoping to be able to run a half marathon in a year or two.

      Looks like you had a great time camping! I'm totally jealous of your weather :)

      Delete