Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Big Change & A Puppy

I have been putting this post together in my head for a couple of weeks now. And I feel like it has to be a good one since it has been so long since I last posted. So much pressure! And honestly, I don't even know what to say.

Last week I accepted a position at a different accounting firm. I have been looking for a new job for a while now. I absolutely love the firm I work for, but the hours just haven't been working for me. Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows that I would give anything to be home with B. I never wanted a career, I have always wanted to stay at home with my kids. I am in no way motivated by corporate success or 'climbing the ladder'. Unfortunately, staying home has not been an option for me. But I knew that I did have the option to find a position that would give me a little bit more flexibility to be a better mom and homemaker.

While change is a little bit scary, especially when it includes something as big as my source of income, I am really looking forward to this change. I firmly believe that this move will make a huge difference in my life personally and in my family's life as a whole. I am really excited to get a fresh start with a new firm and see where it takes me. I will be moving from a firm with about 25 employees to a firm with 5 employees total. One perk I am really looking forward to is the casual dress code :) Hello blue jeans every day!

I feel like this post has a really serious tone to it... I need something to lighten the mood!

I guess the other big thing going on in our life right now (besides deer season opening soon, LOL!) is that our dogs (Astro & Aggie) had a puppy last month! Yes, just one puppy. Why just one? I have no idea. Anyway, she is absolutely beautiful and totally up for grabs. She is a full-bred Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie) with an AKC registration. We are selling her for $400. Sheltie's are awesome family dogs. They are mild-tempered, only weigh about 15 pounds, playful & fun, and ridiculously smart. Seriously. They are known for their smarts. Sometimes I think mine are smarter than me!




Here are a couple pictures. I know they aren't great, but it was hard to get a good picture of her this morning, she wouldn't stay still!

You know you want to buy that sweet puppy! Tell all your friends :)

Have a great rest of the week, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I can totally relate since I just changed jobs for the exact same reason a few months back. Hope it will be a good thing for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete