Thursday, October 25, 2012

Brain Dump

So many things have been going on lately. I keep thinking about blogging but then putting it off because I can't seem to get a handle on all of my different thoughts. I totally failed with my 5 for Five goals. I even failed to post on Monday! But I'm giving myself a pass seeing as it was my first day at a new job. So I'll update about that next Monday. And until then, enjoy a haphazard list of all the random thoughts bumping into each other in my head.

* My beloved iPod doesn't get used much. But it seems like every time I dig it out, the only thing I want to listen to is Dashboard Confessional. They are actually playing right now, no lie. Not only do I still love this band with every fiber of my being, but it also brings so many memories and feelings flooding back. Some good, some not good at all. But all of these memories are what shaped me into the person I am now.

* We sold our puppy last week. My cousin MK had gotten really attached to her. MK got to play with her every Monday evening. This past Monday was supposed to be her last time to play with the puppy. Well I let the new owners get Cricket (the puppy) early. And then I forgot to give my aunt a heads up. Poor MK was distraught when she found out the puppy she was happily awaiting was not showing up. I felt terrible!! So I put this little goodie basket together as an 'I'm sorry!' gift


* R is going to the deer lease this weekend. It is opening weekend for him so he is really hoping to shoot something. On top of him being gone, I am sending B to stay the night with her Nanna on Friday night. I'm planning on getting some quality 'me time' getting a manicure/pedicure. I'm pretty stinkin' pumped about it!! I hope the ladies at the nail salon don't get offended that I am bringing a book to read. I hardly ever do anything alone, I'm going to soak this alllll in :)

* I started my new job this week!! To say that I absolutely love it would be an understatement. I know it has only been 4 days, but I think that I can safely say this is the job I have been looking for since I graduated high school. I don't think there is a job I am better suited for (besides being a SAHM, but I try not to even think about that). My boss is stinkin' awesome. I only have a few coworkers and they are all very nice. The only way the environment could be more laid back is if I were wearing pajamas, seriously!

* I am leaving work in 30 minutes to take B to the pumpkin patch & then back to my mom's to carve pumpkins with the family! I'm so excited :) Of course, B won't get to help with the carving but I'm sure she'll have a good 'ole time playing in the backyard. Maybe I'll remember to take some pictures to share tomorrow. Don't hold your breath :)

Have a super Thursday, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment