Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Nine Months!!

I sat down to start this post 15 minutes ago. I can't come up with anything to say because the fact that you are 9 months old today has completely caught me off guard. 9 months?! How can that be?? I still remember my first ultrasound, the day we found out you were a girl, laying in the hospital bed staring at you. All of that seems like just yesterday and now you are nine months old. I don't want to believe it!

You are crawling like a champ. You move so fast I usually can't keep up. I know you'll be walking soon. You are not content to sit still on the floor and play with your toys. In this respect, you are all your daddy. Always on the move. It's a great big world out there and you need to see and touch every little bit of it.


And your laugh. Ohhh your laugh. When you were younger we couldn't get a smile or a laugh out of you for anything. We would tickle and make goofy noises/faces for hours and you would just give us this blank stare. Every now and then we would get a little giggle. But now you have these big belly laughs. Daddy and I know all of your tickle spots, and you love to be surprised and help upside down. You are ticklish like your momma :)

I haven't found a food that you won't eat.  You can feed yourself finger-foods really well, you hardly miss your mouth anymore :) Spoon feeding you has become more of a challenge because you like to wave your hands and hit the spoon (I won't lie, this is quite frustrating and I'm not handling it all that well). Your Aunt Sarah taught me a trick to give you something to hold, and that has worked wonders!!

You love to go on walks/jogs in the stroller. You coo the whole time and I can't help but smile.

You got your top two teeth this month. I think it was a little more difficult than getting your first 2 teeth, but as teething goes I guess it wasn't so bad. I'm still waiting for your hair to come in!! Ha!

Every day you look more like a big girl and less like my little baby girl. You are so very beautiful. I promise not to dress you in any outfits that will embarrass you in 15-20 years (who am I kidding? YEA RIGHT!).

You are so very, very loved Brylee Paige. Don't you ever forget it!! Happy 9 Month Birthday :)


P.S. - Don't want to forget to mention that there is a giveaway going on over at Fantastically Average. You should definitely head over there and check it out!!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I'll be writing one of these posts in a few days too. Kate has 4 teeth now, but they're all on the bottom. I'm sure she'll look so much different when those top two pop through. Happy 9 month birthday to Brylee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley!! They're growing too fast! Kate is just so precious!! I'd really like to talk to you about your open adoption one day. Robert and I have talked about adoption being an option & I'd love to hear more about how it works and what you think the benefits & downfalls are.

      Delete