Monday, May 14, 2012

10 Things About The Weekend

So I thought today I would write a '10 Things About The Weekend' post to sort of consolidate my weekend. I'm slightly copying Amy at Crazy Random Happenstances and her '10 Things Before The Weekend' posts. Imitation is a form of flattery, right? :)

So here goes...

10 Things About The Weekend

1. We were supposed to spend Friday night & Saturday at the beach, but the forecast showed thunderstorms so we stayed home. I was regretting that on Saturday morning, but we'll go another weekend. Hopefully we'll go LOTS of weekends this summer :)

2. I got to sleep in until 9 on Saturday morning. It was glorious. I even got to wake up slowly and lay in bed & read a book until B woke up. I started the 3rd book in the Narnia series.


3. R & I used some pretty awesome teamwork to get the chores done on Saturday morning. We did a million six loads of laundry. A load of dishes. I cleaned the bathroom. R vaccumed. We both picked up clutter.

4. I went to a knitting circle of sorts. A friend from highschool recently opened a coffee shop and a group of us met up there for a couple hours. It was so good to hang out with some other girls. So, so good! Thank you, Leslie!!! There were 4 kids under 18 months there, so needless to say there wasn't much knitting/crocheting going on. Next time I will be childless so I can get more of my project done and do less child wrangling!

5. R met surprised me as I was leaving the knitting group and gave me my Mother's Day gift, an iPhone!! HOORAY! I'm already loving it and I haven't even scratched the surface of everything it is capable of.


6. R & I hung out with some friends for the rest of Saturday afternoon at Larry's Old Time Trade Days & dinner at Papa's Place. Saturday was just what I needed, some quality time with friends.

7. My poor baby was constipated on Saturday night and R had to give her an enema. It was definitely a new experience, being so worried about my child pooping. By the end of the whole ordeal I was laughing at myself. But during, B was screaming in agony and it was just not pretty. The night ended with me cleaning poop out of the bathtub. Awesome.


8. B was dedicated at church on Sunday morning. We are so blessed to have a wonderful church family to come beside us to help raise B. It takes a village :)


9. My dad preached a pretty political sermon after said dedication. I'm glad he did because it helped me to reconcile what I know to be right with how I was feeling about the whole issue. The government does not have the right to change something that is spiritual, biblical. I wish everyone could have heard his sermon. Then again, the same people I know who would be accusing me of being closed-minded would probably be so closed-minded to hearing 'our' side that they wouldn't even listen.

10. This morning I woke up 20 minutes earlier than usual and I was able to make the bed, make my lunch, put on make-up and have a quiet time! Amazing what 20 minutes can do.

11. Okay so I had more than 10... We celebrated Mother's Day at my parents' house after church yesterday. I love getting together with my extended family. Even when there are only a fraction of us there we're still a big group!! Lots of people, tons of good food and sunshine made for a perfect afternoon. My first Mother's Day has set a pretty high standard!!

That's all for today :)

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment