Monday, October 13, 2014

& It Begins...

October means hunting season around these parts. I'm not an expert, but I do know that in the last 3 weeks my husband has been duck, dove & deer hunting. This past weekend we packed the family up & headed to our lease for a couple nights. We left Friday around 7pm & stayed until early Sunday morning, when we piled back into the car & rushed to make it to church.

It's a simple life at the lease. B colors, dances & plays on the swingset. Poor E just 'hangs out' as you can see :) Hopefully he'll be running around soon!




Around lunchtime on Saturday the weather had gotten pretty warm & E was way overdue for a nap. We though maybe a drive in the car with some AC would do the trick so we took a little trip over to R's hunting lanes to check the feeders & whatnot. R got my mommy-mobile stuck & I had to drive while he pushed. This was the first time I had done this & I consider it a success because no one was angry by the end :) Oh, and E never fell asleep... so there's that.



Thankfully we are on our lease with some sweet friends. Carly doesn't have any kids of her own yet, but she is so good with ours. E loved swinging with her & sister.



After what seemed like a 48 hour day, the kids finally went to bed & the adults got to spend some time around the campfire with a pretty great sunset backdrop.



We had a great time & I'm actually looking forward to going back. Just looking forward to the day when my kids can play with each other & don't need 'momma entertainment'!

No comments:

Post a Comment