Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

So I got a surprising text message today. A friend of mine let me know that I 'suck at updating' my blog. Apparently there are actually a few people out there that read this silly little blog of mine. I had no idea! I was pleasantly surprised to get that text & decided to make a new post tonight. Once I got the kids situated in the tub, happily splashing away, I sat down to share some pictures from our weekend. An hour later the kids are out of the bath, one is asleep & I'm still trying to get my photos from my phone onto my laptop. GO FIGURE!!


R & I had a really nice reprieve from our seriously busy work schedules this weekend. Some friends of ours came to visit & celebrate Easter with us. They came in on Friday afternoon & left Sunday afternoon. I did, sadly, have to work on Saturday morning, but I got it out of the way by noon so we could enjoy the rest of the day together.


Friday evening we went to eat at Al-T's & stopped by the park in Winnie afterwards to let the kids run around a bit before it got dark.

I don't really know what went on Saturday morning, but when I got home from work we ate some hamburgers from Kampus Korner (if you're in the H-F area & haven't tried them out, DO IT! so good.). After lunch Rebecca & I dyed eggs with the two older kids while E ran around the yard. Both of the kids loved it. I think B would dye eggs every day if I would let her.


When the egg fun was over we put the kids down for afternoon naps/quiet time & Rebecca & I took some much needed momma-time to get our nails did :) That evening we just enjoyed each other's company & filled the Easter baskets before turning in.


Sunday I took the kids to church & then we grilled at Mom & Dad's house, had an egg hunt for the kids & then said goodbye to our friends. Saying goodbye is never fun, but we'll see them again soon! I'm hoping to make this Easter weekend visit a tradition with them!



I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! He Is Risen!!


No comments:

Post a Comment